When you manage to encounter a celebrity you’ve dreamt of meeting for years, chances are you’re going to want to take a picture with them to cherish the moment forever. Usually, celebrities lead busy lives and your chance to capture a moment with them comes down to a single photo opportunity (especially for most of us not brave enough to ask the star for a retake). In this single moment, there is way too much pressure for both people involved to get it right. But sometimes, the pictures that don’t turn out — which are just as common as the ones that do — end up making some pretty great memories anyways.
Whether it be a photobomb in the background, an unsuspecting addition to the picture, or the subjects themselves failing at being photogenic, here are 25 pictures of celebrity photobombs that are just so good because they’re just so bad.
1. This Imgur user posted this incredibly unflattering selfie with Nicolas Cage who she had ended up next to on a flight. “My friend posted this pic from her plane ride on her facebook. nic cage looks pretty rough…” one user captioned the photo on Imgur. It looks like poor Cage was woken from a very terrible and exhaustive nap (or maybe a coma) and was forced to take this selfie against his will.
2. We’re not sure how this fan selfie ended up happening and the singer himself offers no explanation. Maybe the fan is in the back (or maybe it actually is the bird) but it’s the falcon that is getting all the attention in this photo with Ed Sheehan, even upstaging the Thinking Out Loud singer himself. It also makes for the craziest photobomb one could ever hope for.
3. Twitter user @deadmau5 posted this crazy picture with Nicolas Cage, clearly showing the actor is not one for photo ops. The actor looks a little rough once again in this picture with a fan. The fan, however, said the actor was very kind, buying a bottle of champagne for him and his partner, then offering the fan his wacky glasses to wear for this incredibly funny and awkward picture Cage doesn’t look ready for at all.
4. A certain Harry Potter star decided to make this girl the photobomber when Daniel Radcliffe himself took a selfie on her phone, grinning for the camera and capturing the happy fan and several other fans who decided to jump in on the action. The Reddit user posted the picture with this caption: “So my friend was outside a Broadway show when this guy grabbed her phone to take a selfie with her.”
5. Sophie Turner is literally all of us when she realized Ryan Gosling was sitting behind her. The Game of Thrones star posted this picture to Instagram with a hilariously relatable expression and an unsuspecting Gosling behind her… either that or she was taking a very scary selfie and The Notebook actor was just in the way. That’s one photobomb I don’t think anyone would mind.
6. Another day, another Game of Thrones star taking a selfie. Here’s GOT star Peter Dinklage, who plays Tyrion Lannister on the show, being a good sport and managing a selfie with a very tall fan. The fan, who posted the picture to Imgur, captioned the post “Met him [Peter Dinklage] at the X-Men Days Of Future Past NYC premiere. I’m 6’6 so he decided to take a selfie with me when I asked for a photo. The result is awesome.” Dinklage even captured an amused photobombing-fan posing in the background.
7. In a Kanye West selfie that surprised absolutely no one, here’s the rapper looking less than excited in a picture with two fans. The best part about this photo, though, is not even West’s typical long face… it’s the fact that it’s Kanye West’s long face at none other than the Super Bowl! Not even something as epic as that event could get the rapper smiling.
8. When you’re a fan taking a picture with one of your idols, the man or woman you look up to professionally and artistically and basically worship the ground they walk on, all you can hope for is that you come out half decent. For this Reddit user, all the stars aligned when they were able to meet and take a photo with none other than Morgan Freeman. Their body, however, refused to cooperate and showed how nervous they were to meet the epic actor in this picture that involves a lot of armpit sweat. You win some, you lose some.
9. This Imgur user who looks eerily like Adam Sandler himself posted this picture with the 50 First Dates actor. “Adam Sandler flew me out to the premiere of “The Do-Over” after he saw my post here. Thank you, Adam, for the incredible experience and thank you Reddit for making it happen!” Sandler clearly has a good sense of humor both on and off the screen!
10. This Imgur user posted this picture with the caption “Selfie with Rihanna at the Superbowl.” Although getting a picture of the singer is awesome, her not so amused face definitely takes away from this fan picture. Note to self: Don’t try to take a selfie with celebrities at the Super Bowl. Like Kanye, Rihanna clearly isn’t a fan of getting interrupted when trying to catch the game!
11. Samuel L. Jackson gives us a reality check when one fan asked him how he really feels when asked to take a selfie. The Pulp Fiction star definitely didn’t hold back with this revealing expression. “As I snapped the selfie, I told Samuel L. Jackson to pose how he really felt about doing these kinds of things,” wrote the Reddit user.
12. “Sandwich shop offers Liam Neeson free food, Liam Neeson show up.” This is a situation that definitely doesn’t happen often. This sandwich shop put out a sign offering Liam Neeson free food and he actually showed up! Usually, it’s the fan hunting down their favorite actors for a picture, but this sandwich shop managed to bait the Taken star into coming on his own accord! Genius!