1. JLaw had almonds, her phone, a Baby Ruth, and Laffy Taffy in her purse at the 2013 Academy Awards.
2. She also spotted a McDonald’s across the street while walking the red carpet, and had her publicist place an order for French fries…with LOTS of ketchup.
3. She auditioned for the roles of Bella Swan in Twilight and Emma Stone’s role in Superbad but didn’t land either.
4. Once, a tabloid was going to run a story about JLaw having an affair with one of her co-stars. JLaw’s publicist alerted her to the story, and she was allowed to choose who she was “having” the affair with. She chose Bradley Cooper over Samuel Claflin.
5. JLaw says John Stamos is one of the celebrities she was most excited to meet. They met at a party, and she kept referring to him as “Uncle Jesse.” She was fangirling so hard he asked her if she was on ‘shrooms.
6. After filming X-Men: First Class in London, JLaw had to fight to get the security deposit for her Notting Hill apartment back because she had stained the bathtub blue from her makeup as the character Mystique.
7. She claims to be the “fastest pee-er ever.”
8. JLaw’s family owned a horse farm when she was growing up in Kentucky.
9. Lawrence auditioned for the role of Lisbeth Salander in The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, but the role went to Rooney Mara. She still has a picture of herself in character — goth, with tons of piercings — on her iPhone.
10. JLaw trained with a four-time Olympian archer from Georgia (the country, not the state) to prepare for her role as Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games.
11. There was a swear jar on set the first Hunger Games movie, and JLaw contributed “at least half” because she “swears like a sailor,” according to director Gary Ross.
12. In preschool, JLaw wasn’t allowed to play with the other girls because she was too rough.
13. She played softball, field hockey, and basketball on a boys’ team growing up in Kentucky and also was a cheerleader — and she still knows some of her high school cheers.
14. Lawrence performed in church plays and school musicals growing up, but she caught her big break when a modeling agent spotted her in New York’s Union Square when she was 14.
15. Her 19-year-old brother Blaine moved with her to New York when she was a teenager looking to break into acting professionally.
16. She once shot a Verizon commercial and got to meet the “Can you hear me now?” guy.
17. She shot a pilot for a show that didn’t get picked up, Not Another High School Show, and her role was “Girl With the Boobs.”
18. JLaw also shot a campaign for Abercrombie & Fitch, but the photos weren’t used. When her father called and asked why, the negatives were sent over to say “here’s why!” according to Lawrence.
19. She was originally told she was too pretty to play the lead role in Winter’s Bone so she hopped a red-eye to New York, walked in the snow for 13 blocks, and auditioned in hair she hadn’t washed in a week — and landed the part that she received her first Oscar nomination for.
20. For the role, she skinned and gutted a squirrel and also learned to shoot rifles. She also chopped wood in character, but already knew how to do that.
21. Apparently, she doesn’t wash her hands after she pees because she doesn’t think it gets rid of germs.
22. She beat out a slew of talented actresses, including Blake Lively, Kirsten Dunst, Rooney Mara, and Anne Hathaway for the lead role in Silver Linings Playbook.
23. In fact, she owes her Oscar to Hathaway. The Princess Diaries actress was originally cast in the film before dropping out. Lawrence stepped into the role, and ironically, both actresses won Oscars that year — Hathaway for Best Supporting Actress in Les Miserables.
24. Lawrence got into a car accident in 2012 in Georgia (the state, not the country) because she thought she saw Honey Boo-Boo in a parade. It actually was a breast cancer parade, and the floats said “boobs” instead of “Boo-Boo.”
25. Her middle name is Shrader.
26. JLaw graduated from high school early with a 3.9 GPA.
27. Lawrence was voted “Most Talkative” by her peers in seventh grade.
28. When she was breaking into acting, she appeared in a commercial for MTV’s My Super Sweet Sixteen.
29. It took eight hours for makeup artists to apply the blue makeup when Lawrence played Mystique in X-Men: First Class. For the movie’s sequel, Lawrence wore a bodysuit and only had to be painted from the neck up, so it took just three hours.
30. During that time, Lawrence would stand or sit on a bicycle while her makeup was applied.
31. Lawrence spent three days deciding whether to take the role of Katniss in The Hunger Games series. She originally was going to say no before her mom talked her into it.
32. Her nickname on set the first Hunger Games movie was “Katpiss Neverclean.”
33. Growing up, JLaw served as an assistant nurse at the summer day camp her parents ran in Kentucky.
34. Her dream job as a kid was to be a doctor.
35. JLaw NEVER took an acting class when she was growing up in Kentucky.
36. JLaw injured herself while training for the first Hunger Games when she ran into a wall.
37. And while filming the second Hunger Games, she went deaf in one ear for an entire week.
38. Step aside, J.Lo — apparently, JLaw gets called “Jenny From the Block” sometimes, and even responds to it.
39. Also, one of her favorite music videos is Britney Spears’ “Slave 4 U.”
40. She also must be a huge Game of Thrones fan because she “freaked out” when she first met Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister) on the set of X-Men.
41. JLaw’s high school rival once asked her to hand out invitations to a party she wasn’t even invited to. She responded by taking the invitations, whistling while she walked away, and then threw them out in the trash.
42. And of course, she falls down. A LOT. But you probably already knew that.