Exercise is important to keep our body healthy and strong. There are several different ways to get exercise. Whether you go out for a run or take dance lessons, it’s always important to remember to fit in some physical activity to keep your muscles healthy. The same things needs to be done for the mind. There are many ways to exercise the brain including
- Memory games,
- Crosswords and other puzzles,
- IQ Tests.
A quick way to keep the brain sharp and the gears turning is to answer some quick IQ questions now and again. They’re a fun way to get yourself thinking and to stretch out the muscles in the brain.
Here is a list of 9 IQ questions that will be sure to stump you. See if you can get them all right! The first bit of text will be the question and the answer will follow. Don’t look ahead or you’ll be cheating!
1. Question: Imagine you have a drawer of socks. In that drawer you have 4 black socks, 8 brown socks, 2 white socks, and 8 tan socks. There is no light and you are unable to see. How many socks would you have to pull out in order to get a match?
Answer: You would only need to take 5 socks out seeing as there are only 4 different colors to chose from.
2. Question: Which of the following statements is correct ‘9 and 5 is thirteen’ or ‘9 and 5 are 13’?
Answer: Neither of them are correct. 9 and 5 is 14. You may have been thrown off by the wording or perhaps you thought this was a question about grammar.
3. Question: The more you take away from this, the bigger it becomes. Do you know what it is? Too bad it’s not a bank account.
Answer: The answer is a hole. You can take dirt away from a hole long into the night and the hole will only get bigger and bigger. Sort of like debt.
4. Question: What always stays hot even if you put it in the fridge or the freezer?
Answer: Can you guess? No it’s not hot chocolate, it’s pepper! Even if you put your hottest peppers in the fridge there is no way to get rid of the heat.
5. Question: Can you think of a word that is only seven letters long, but can be rearranged to spell at least 10 other words?
Answer: Therein. This word can be rearranged to create the words there, here, in, rein, ere, here, he, her, herein, the.
6. Question: What do you call a bear that doesn’t have any ear?
Answer: The correct answer is a ‘B’. Get it? If you take ‘-ear’ away from ‘Bear’ it becomes just ‘B’.
7. Question: There are many different types of stones in the world, some of them even travel around in the oceans and rivers. However, there is one type of stone that you will never find in the water. Do you know what it is?
Answer: You will definitely never find a stone that is dry in the water. They will always be wet.
8. Question: Can you think of a word that would still sound the same even if you removed the first, middle, or last letter from the name?
Answer: The word is Empty. If you take away the E, P, or the Y, the word can still be pronounced. For example ‘MT’ still sounds like the full word and so does ‘EMPT’ if you put emphasis on the T. Weird.
9. Question: In which place are you the most silent? A church or a building?
Answer: While you may have thought the answer was a church, it’s actually a building! This is because the ‘U’ is silent in the word building.
Share with your friends and know where you stand.