What is Fate Line?
The main vertical line running up the palm toward the Saturn finger (middle finger) is called the Fate Line. Sometimes it is referred to as the “Saturn Line”, because it points to Saturn finger, and sometimes it is called the “Luck Line” because it deals a lot with success.
In China, people would like to call the line as the career line as it mainly reflects the fortune of one’s career or job. From the line, you can find out the changes of your career during your life as well as your ability in work.
The significance of Fate Line
When it is absent, there is no real sense of direction. When it is there – and, as a rule, there is almost always some semblance of the line present, no matter how long or short it is – the owner will have some sort of aim in life. This line maintains an overall balanced approach. The stronger it is, the more some semblance of self-control will be present. When only lightly etched, the nature can be vacillating.
The beginning of the Fate Line
- The fate line begins from the life line implies restriction in the early years. The younger will have have to work hard to achieve what he or she has. The higher the line stars, the later in life the owner will follow a chosen direction. The fate line can also start from anywhere around the base of the middle finger, which indicates independence and a very determined nature. It is likely that the career depends on public approbation for success – singing, dancing, acting, or possibly politics.
- A forked beginning to a fate line suggests two distinct sides to the subject’s ambitions. If a branch from the Venus mount meets with a line from the Luna mount the subject is aware of what he or she is suppose to do regarding family wishes. The stronger of the two forks will show who wins in the end. Alternatively, a sketchy, weak beginning of fate line may indicate that its owner is striving mightily to fit someone else’s notion of ‘successful.’
Placement of the Fate Line
- The fate line starts at the bottom of the hand, most typically in the center of the bottom edge, and extends up to the general vicinity of the middle finger. Such a centrally placed fate line shows a person whose career motivation is balanced between the need for security and the need for self-fulfillment. But there is as much variety in the starting points of this line and its course through the palm, as there are palms to read.
- A fate line starting within the curve of the vitality line (which curves around the thumb) is one that is seen to reflect a career choice heavily influenced by family advice, tradition, convention or a strong need for security. Often, people exhibiting this beginning to their fate line even work ‘in the family business’ or in the same career as a parent or close family member.
- A fate line that starts on the opposite bottom of the palm (under the ring or little finger) shows a person who has chosen an individually gratifying career.
Nature of the Fate Line
The Fate Line should be in thick brown color. It should be deep and narrow as if it is cut by a blade. It should not have any breaks (gaps). It should not be cut by any horizontal lines in its course. Such a Fate Line is considered as best one. A person bestowed with such a Fate Line will enjoy career progress and good income all through his life.
Let’s take a look at different styles of fate line and try to understand their meanings…
If the fate line starts from the wrist
When fate line starts from the wrist or a little above the wrist, and goes straight to the mount of saturn, below the middle finger, without any break, cut or cross, wavy sections, island signs or black dots, then surely it is a great indication of financial success. The person will be successful in any field and can earn money a lot. He will be wealthy and rich and will not suffer from lack of money severely.
If the Fate line starts from life line
When fate line starts from life line and ends straight to the heart line, then the person will go against his or her parents’ will and earns a great wealth at that age of the life line. His prosperity will favor him from 35 to 56 years.
Double fate line
If there are two fate lines on the palm, one starts from mount of moon and crossing the head line, they end at heart line, then the person is very lucky. He or she will improve in art and craft. He will also be successful in his life. He will have two income sources. Lottery is favorable for him. In other words, the more the fate lines, the more the income sources.
Fish sign at the beginning of the fate line
If there is a fish tail on the fate line in the beginning, then the person will be pious in nature throughout his whole life. In the old age, he will have a probability to join in a religious order for rigorous religious practice.
Sign of wealthy people
Sometimes fate line starts from the wrist or a little above it, and reaches to the base of the middle finger at a deep and continuous stretch without any break or wavy part, dot, cross etc. then it is a very good sign. If there is no gap on this line, then it will favor the person for his entire life. He will be fortunate and wealthy. If that line goes further to the middle part of the middle finger, then the person will be one of the top rich men in the world!
Fork sign at the end of fate line: Sign of imprisonment
Fork sign is formed when there are small lines gather in a shape that they look like a fork. That really indicates that the person will remain imprisoned by no reason. Although he will get lots of luxuries in life, but his last years will be in prison.
Wavy fate line: Troublesome part of life
If the fate line is not straight, but wavy in some parts, then there will be various troubles, toil of fate, hardship for money, and earning money through hard labor etc. during that span of time. If that wavy part lies on the plain of mars, then it indicates the vulnerability of health and lack of wit of that person. But if after that wavy part, the fate line becomes straight, then there will be good fortune for him.
Gap or breaks in Fate Line
If the Fate Line has a break (stopped) and there is a gap after the break, the person will lose his job. He has to spend sometime jobless before getting another job and there will be monetary problems at that age indicated by the gap. Also a break or gap on fate line means illness, suffering, loss of money, trouble, unhappiness and anxieties etc.
Fate line ends at heart line
If you find the fate line ends at the heart line, it means your career is affected by your emotion. You usually let your emotions interfere with career or rule business decisions. It also indicates a career decline from the age of 50.
● If the fate line runs through the head line, you parents may divorce at your early age. It’s suggested to first marry and then establish your business. Only this way could enable you to get a success.
● If the fate line doesn’t penetrate the head line, it shows a good wealth and fame during the youth. Also, you are easy to give up halfway when doing things thus blocking you from achieving great success. If you belong to this kind of line, you are suggested to learn to save money for the later use.
● The fate line starting from the Mount of Venus (the portion of the palm surrounded by the life line at the base of the thumb) and ending at the heart line indicates a marriage with a noted or rich person.
In absence of a fate line
Absent of fate line doesn’t mean you don’t have career during the life. It indicates you always change your job and don’t have a permanent occupation in your life. This may be caused by your careless character. Or you couldn’t find a job that you are interested in.
Some palmists feel that the absence of a fate line indicates a meandering, unfocused life. Frankly, some hands are strong enough that the absence of a fate line does not make any difference in quality of life. However, some palmists believe that when there is no fate line on either hand of a young child, he or she should be given a fairly strict upbringing and taught the essentials of life as early as possible.